Tribevine , they arrived this morning from Finland and I excitedly opened the package! The Ange Finesse is Petzl's latest innovation in climbing hardware. The Ange is Petzl's latest karabiner, and is combined with the Finesse; a 10 mm wide Dyneema® sling. The Ange comes in 2 different sizes the Ange "S" (Small) and the Ange "L" (Large). The different karabiners can be combined with the Finesse to provide a quickdraw tailored to your needs as a climbing. For example:
Ange S on top and bottom, combined with the Finesse sling would provided minimalist weight
Ange S on top and Ange L on bottom with the Finesse sling would provide a good balance of weight and functionality, as the Ange L on the rope end would provide maximum gate opening size.
Ange L on top and bottom, combined with the Finesse sling would provide maximum usability with the large gate opening sizes.
Overall, the Ange Finesse seems to be very well designed and built, and I look forward to taking these out for a day to see if they live up the expectations! And definitely incredibly chuffed to have won these!
- Eco Gear: Given the green light?
- Budget Hill gear.....false economy?
- A new contributor...
- New website online!
- The Outdoors Company
- The OutDoor show 2011 - Friedrichshafen, Germany
- Stubai Atomy screwgate karabiner - first impressio...
- Petzl Ange Finesse - First impressions
- Petzl Meteor III ....what's all the fuss about?
- Mountain Equipment Sleeping bags - new purchase......
- MLTE training books
- CAMP Air Cam failure - conclusion
- Climbing games book - Paul Smith
- Alpine dreaming....
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2010 (22)