Students everywhere will agree with me when i say "university is depressing". All that spare time when you dont have to be in lectures and it's not the night to go out - you're generally faced with two options; do some work or play Xbox. However, with a bit a intrepidness, you can add a third option - tie in and get climbing
No matter where you are in the UK, you are always within 3 hours of a climbing/mountaineering venue, why not put that student loan to good use and get out there. For all you outdoor students and aspiring outdoor instructors out there, use this time (and money) to you're advantage and work on your NGB pre-requisites!
If you've got the right kit and the knowhow, why sit around when there is a whole other world out there waiting for you. It's fun and great training.
I am as i type this, packing my kit for a third weekend of climbing in a row, this time in North Wales with my friend Matt. I've tidied out my car and shoved a heap of stuff in the boot, not to mention, charged my camera. The weekend looks to be ok weather wise, but it is N.Wales after all so it'll probs be quite nasty. I should say that typing this was a good thing as it's made me remember that i do actually need to take a sleeping bag! (oops). So stay tuned for an after trip report in a couple of days.
- Brits to attempt Snow Leopard...
- Macpherson Mountaineering - brilliant customer ser...
- Do the letters G, P, and S make you too confident?...
- Christmas Crackers!!!!
- Soto Micro Regulator Stove - UKClimbing freebie
- Mountain Equipment Titan 850 - don't let it be sai...
- Garmin eTrex 10 - old yella'
- The shivering mountain - 1st route of the season
- QR code orienteering - a change from the norm?
- Wet, Windy and Cold weekends....
- Weekends away...
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2010 (22)